Sunday, June 16, 2013

Eleventh Sunday in Ordinary Time

Happy Father's Day! May God bless all those who fulfill the role of father. I thank God for my father who is ninety-two years old. My father taught me many wonderful things over the years like throwing a baseball, riding a bike, laying ceramic tile, and praying. He has also been a great role model and example. Recently my parents had a plumbing problem and I suggested my father call a plumber; he called an electrician. My dad is quite independent and has been used to fixing all kinds of things around the house. This job was just a bit too much for him. Well, the problem got fixed. Sometimes even our fathers need a little help. We pray on this day that God my bless all our fathers. We know that God will do a good job because we know he is a Father as well.