Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Sunday - April 20, 2014

Alleluia! Christ is risen! A blessed Easter to all! With Christians everywhere we rejoice in the resurrection of Christ. On behalf of Fr. Russell and the entire staff of St. Malachy Parish we wish all of you a very blessed Easter.
On this Easter Day we rejoice because the Lord is risen from the dead. But it is much more that that. Not only has Christ conquered death, but he has also broken apart the chains of death that bound us all. We, who are baptized in his name, have the promise of eternal life. While humankind was created in the image and likeness of God, we stained that image by our original sin. By the power of the Resurrection we have been recreated in the likeness of Christ and share his new life. Alleluia!
As I celebrate my tenth Easter with you, the people of St. Malachy Parish, I thank God for allowing me to serve you as your pastor. I have truly been blest. We are all on a journey we call life and we all have the call to shout the Good News of Jesus' resurrection. As my journey we call life and we all have the call to shout the Good News of Jesus' resurrection. As my journey will soon take me to McKeesport, to serve the people of Corpus Christi Parish, be assured of my prayers.
At the Easter Vigil we welcomed to our parish community Lori Davis, Eric Rugh, Wyatt Macejka, Danna Morgan and Paul Antoline. They were baptized, received, confirmed and received Jesus in the Eucharist. May God bless them and may they be assured that our prayers are with them.