Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ordinary Time 28

I survived the festival and I am back to my regular sleep schedule.  Before the festival, I was able to travel to Mount Saint Mary's Seminary for their priest reunion/homecoming and celebrate my twenty-five anniversary with several of my classmates.  It was good to see them; one I hadn't seen since we left the seminary.  We shared stories of our ministry and how our priesthood is going.  We all agreed it takes a lot to really follow Jesus and to lead his people closer to him.
Jesus wants us all to follow him and he is inviting each of us to follow him.  In today's Gospel story, Jesus looked at the rich man and loved him and then invited him to follow.  It is no less for us.  Jesus loves us all, and invites us to follow him by remembering the poor.  Indeed, he even promises us that as we give up wealth and possessions for the sake of the kingdom, we will be blessed even more.  Remember to help someone today!